Crispin is a leading provider of automation solutions for television broadcasters and is searching for an outgoing, positive and driven individual to add to our team. Crispin Corporation is a subsidiary of Sony of America, and we pride ourselves in keeping the small company vibe in a large company world. We value each of our employees and invest in order to create an environment where all employees foresee a long career.
Crispin provides technology and services to broadcasters, cable operators, universities, townships and organizations that require the ability to broadcast video and audio to their target audiences.
This position is required to work from the Crispin Raleigh Office. The information outlined below is at a high level and may be adjusted as needed pending review of position on a continual basis.
As a member of the application development team, you will develop products and features for the Crispin suite of broadcast automation, media management and acquisition systems. Crispin products employ a mix of development technologies operating in the PC platform and web domain, in a high-reliability environment.
The ideal candidate will bring skills in one or more of the technology areas and an interest in solving real-world problems with innovative solutions. Team members are expected to have good communication skills, and able to collaborate effectively with others in design, implementation, and troubleshooting. Direct experience in the broadcast industry is not required, but we are seeking a developer who has an interest in video, broadcasting, media management or other end-user aspects of the Crispin products and enjoys taking on technical challenges.
Development environment/areas of skills and interest:
- Microsoft C#/.NET knowledge required.
- Web technologies (HTML5, JS, Angular, CSS, jQuery, Node.js) a plus but not required.
- SQL knowledge a plus but not required.
- Familiar with AWS Services a plus but not required.
- Proficiency in client-side (browser using HTML/JS) and back-end web-based development.
- Interest in web technologies and attention to detail in programming.
- Willing to learn new development technologies as required.
- CS degree or equivalent experience (minimum preferred is Bachelor’s degree).
- Or degree in progress (part-time position available with advancement opportunity).
- Crispin Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Crispin Corporation participates in E-Verify. For more information on E-Verify, please contact DHS: 888-897-7781 or www.dhs.gov/e-verify
- Notice: Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all person hired to work in the United States.